To arrange to speak to a Doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner you must telephone between 08:00 and 10:00. We will try to answer you call as quickly as possible however during busier periods you may experience a wait but please do hold as we will answer your call.
This includes requesting a routine (non-urgent) Doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner appointment.
For Emergency Appointments please ring at anytime.
For all real medical emergencies and life threatening conditions Ring 999
For all non-urgent/routine enquiries please telephone 020 7703 3788 or call in at the Surgery between the hours of 11:00 - 15:00, examples of non-urgent/routine enquiries are:
- Insurance/other medical reports
- Enquiries about referrals
- Your referral will have been sent to either Kings or Guys and there are waiting times for each clinic. If you are not given an appointment when we refer you then the hospital will place you on a waiting list.
- We regret that we have no influence on your appointment date however we can look to see if another hospital can see you sooner.
- Test results that we have not contacted you about (these will be normal as we contact all patients directly should we wish to speak to you about a test/result)
- Prescription enquiries
- Please use Patient Access or the NHS App to order your prescriptions, this is the safest and quickest way to order any repeated medications
- For medications not on repeat please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please order in good time, up to 1 week in advance as it can take up to 3 working days for your prescription request to be completed.